Think ‘light’ in every sense of the word: without a bulky ski jacket to restrain your movements; without being rushed, without pressure - the slopes are less crowded than in peak season so you can even find pistes that are still nicely groomed at midday. The days are getting longer and longer, and so are the ski lift opening times (until 5 pm), so you can take as much time as you like and stop rushing from one place to another!
White mountains, a warm atmosphere and empty slopes - welcome to Méribel 3 Vallées in April!
- We enjoy skiing in the morning, especially on higher slopes when the pistes are perfectly groomed. With 85% of the area above 1800m, there’s plenty of high-altitude skiing to explore in the 3 Valleys.
- We suggest these areas: Cime Carron, Mont Vallon, Orelle for white mountaintops and a high-altitude atmosphere.
- Take a backpack with water, sun cream and sunglasses for the lunchtime terrace. Don’t forget to save some space to shed a layer in case you get a little too warm!
Skiing? Well of course, but that’s not all we have to offer! Take the time to really chill out, rest and enjoy looking at what is going on around you. Snow on the peaks and blossoming trees in the valleys. It's quite a contrast, but how nice is it to take off your ski boots and be able to walk around barefoot on your terrace, reading quietly in the sun with the chirping of birds in the background...?
What are our top tips?
Sublime landscapes just for our eyes! Here in front of the Grand Bec in Courchevel or on the slopes of La Saulire.
- The Plan des Mains terrace, at the foot of Mont Vallon,
- The 1928 terrace at the Col de la Loze, with an incredible view of the valleys of Courchevel and Méribel
- At Aquamotion in Courchevel; in salt baths, cozy caves or outdoor jacuzzis.
- The Pure Altitude spa at the Olympic Park: jacuzzi, hammams, sauna, etc.
- All the other hotel spas: there's something for everyone, you're bound to find what you're looking for!
Soft snow is actually a real benefit when learning to ski. The impact during a fall is softer, much better than on ice.
So yes, put on a light jacket and gloves and head to one of the many areas dedicated to learning: wide, separated slopes, with gentle gradients and dedicated lifts for beginners.
Start skiing without fear of falling: that's the joy of April skiing! No more excuses ;)
- Le doron – free – ‘magic carpet’ travelator
- L’ourson – free - ‘magic carpet’ travelator
- The Arolles ski lift – ideal, from the Hameau
A reduced-price pass to access a smaller domain, accessible for learners.
Whether it’s with your heels released, two feet attached, uphill, around crevasses, surprising the local chamois or seeing the mountains from the air. Is it time to venture into a new discipline?
Our 3 activities to take the plunge:
Spring is the best time to try the ‘skinning’ experience: the risk of avalanche is usually around 2/5, snow that "décailles" as we say (softens on the surface) and which is therefore more easy to ski than deep powder snow… Why not have a go at ski touring!
Since zero danger is non-existent in the mountains, treat yourself to an instructor or a guide for the day – you could even go and see the crevasses of the Gebroulaz glacier!
Ski touring, or the art of getting away from it all, in incredible landscapes. On the right, the Vallée des Avals, the 3 Valleys' off-piste must-see.
Unless you're a total natural at snowsports, when you learn, you WILL fall! It happens in skiing and snowboarding alike… So, if you have always hesitated but never quite found a good time to start, launch yourself into snowboarding on the easy slopes in April!
The soft snow makes it much easier to turn, with no nasty surprises from catching an edge on a patch of ice: it's THE perfect time to take on this challenge!
Drop your poles and strap on both feet: try the sensations of snowboarding!
Let your skis slide downhill to inflate the wing and hey presto, your feet are no longer touching the ground! The wind whistles in the lines, your eyes are wide open to take in the sublime view, your heart is soaring. All this white snow way below your skis! Treat yourself to a tandem paragliding flight at least once in your life – and flying in the mountains where the notion of gaining height takes on its full meaning is the very best place to experience it.
Pfiouuuuuu - we fly here in the valley of Meribel. The wind caresses your face and you are a bit like the king of the world.
- Great value prices, with 10% discount on ski passes
- Fabulous events: The Folie Douce Festival features big names in electronic music; the Enduro des 3 Valleys - challenge yourself in the largest ski area in the world, Winter Legacy...
- Themed fortnights such as Zen Altitude in Méribel
With 160cm of accumulated snow on the heights, you can visit with peace of mind!
Want proof? Here is the live info
Enjoy these moments!
SHARE THE ARTICLE
SKI AREA OPENINGS
Ski Area opening on Decembre 10th 2022 to April 28th 2023
All the sections